Starts Thursday, 6 March 2014 - Ends Friday, 4 April 2014
This challenge originated at The Fame of Health and Fitness in January 2012. I saw it on checkthisfitmiss but I was already late to do it, so here it goes if you want to start it with me.
"The design of this challenge is, therefore, up to you. I will give you suggestions and examples to help you but ultimately YOU will be the person setting YOUR goals for the next 30 days. After all, it is your life and this challenge is here for you. You don’t have to prove anything to me or other readers, you just need to prove yourself that you are capable of doing what you set out to do, because you are. Each meal, workout, hour of sleep, and each day is a new opportunity to learn. It’s an opportunity to reflect on each situation and to devise a plan for success. Every day gives you many opportunities for a change and becoming a better version of yourself. This is one of them. Only you know the direction you want to go in and only you know where you’re currently standing. But you can always improve yourself.” by checkthisfitmiss
SUGGESTIONS FOR THE NO EXCUSES 30 DAY CHALLENGE:
- Get your sweat on for 30-120 minutes a day for 4-6 days a week.(You can use your own program, my program, something you find on internet. But whatever you choose, it needs to be consistent for the next 4 weeks.)
- Every Sunday schedule in your workouts for the week. (I write them in my diary and set them for a certain time.)
- Eat a clean meal every 2-3 hours, 5-7 meals a day. (Check out The Gracious Pantry for beginners’ information, Theresa Jenn Lopetrone’srecipes, the Clean Eating magazine or the Oxygen magazine.)
- Eat protein with 3-7 of your meals. (Protein foods are, for example, meat, tofu, eggs, beans, nuts and seeds, dairy.)
- Cut out all added salt.
- Cut out all added sugar.
- Cut out all white flour. (So no white bread, white rice or pasta.)
- Get 7-9 hours of sleeps every day.
- Drink 1-2 glasses of water with each meal.
- Drink 1-5 cups of decaf green or white tea a day.
- Avoid drinking alcohol if possible.
- Avoid energy drinks. (You can drink coffee before your workout if you need an extra boost.)
- Prepare all your meals the night before.
- Schedule in 0-2 cheat meals a week. (FYI: A cheat meal does not mean a cheat day.)
- If you plan on cheating also plan on what you will be having before the day.
- Say “No, thank you” to treats that are unplanned.
- Eat your last meal 1-3 hours before bed.
- Take your measurements in the AM of the day your challenge starts and again when the challenge ends. (Measurements can include: photos in a bikini, using a measuring tape to measure your body - thighs, chest etc., the scale, body fat %, try on a tighter pair of jeans. This is up to you but I don’t recommend you just the scale! It is not he best indicator of your hard work.)
- Try your best.
- Give it your all.
- Ditch your excuses! (It is only 30 days - you’ll live.)
RULES FOR THE CHALLENGE:
- If you are joining this challenge (yay!) you will need to make a post on your blog stating what your goals are for the next 30 days. I find it adds the necessary bit of motivation when you make your efforts public. You can see my goals here. (And feel free to ‘steal’ the No Excuses picture and repost this on your blog.)
- You will need to post at least once a week ( if not several times a week) how your challenge is going.
- You MUST be honest. Honesty is key to change. If you mess up, reflect on it, get back to it, and do better the next time.
- You need to TAG your challenge postswith #30daynoexcuses or #30daychallenge so myself and any reader can see how you’re doing. Remember, we are all here together on the same journey towards health. No judgement.
- Measure yourself at the end of your 30 days (in the same fashion you measured yourself on the first day) and make a post about your results. This could include your measurements, how your clothes fit, how your body or mind feel, personal realizations, etc.
- Have fun!
Stay fit! ♥
It´s time to challenge yourself! I´m starting today (1 day later) and I´ll have to finish a couple of days before the date (I´m moving to London ^^) but, hey, let´s do this!